Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What am I Doing Here?


Good question.  Probably one that should have been answered when I first got here... oops! 

Well, the short answer is, I am helping with The Photographer Mexico.  The Photographer is a Mexico City based company that delivers photographic equipment and services to customers with a variety of photographic needs.  It is something that Fernando started, and I am working at the best I can with my very limited Spanish.

Here’s a bit more about The Photographer Mexico:

There are six different divisions that meet the needs of a diversified client base.

They are as follows:

1.  Workshops
2.  Model and Talent Books
3.  Professional Retouching
4.  Studio Rental
5.  Equipment Rental and Photographic Direction
6.  Photographic Equipment Sales

I am rather restricted on what I can help with until I further develop my Spanish speaking skills.  However, there are still many things I can do.  For starters, I help out during studio and equipment rentals.  This consists of everything from studio and/or equipment prep to lighting set up to clean up.  My hair styling skills also come in handy during model and talent books and workshops.  There is a makeup artist we work with, but he prefers not to do hair…so I get to do it!  On the office side of things, I create various documents used for in-house purposes and documents to be translated into Spanish.  From time to time I also get to put my creativity to the test when planning for new potential projects or business improvements.  It’s a pretty good time!

When I’m not working on all that, there are a quite a few other things that I occupy my time with… I’ll get to those later. :)

2 comments:

  1. Allison!!! It's Tiffany, and we had girls night tonight, and we were just commenting that you hadn't posted in a while! Well isn't this just creepy... here you are posting! :) Hope all is well, i wanna see some pics!

    Miss you!

    tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany!!!!! Wow, that's super random... and a tiny bit creepy :) I wish I was there for the girl's night!! Hope you and the rest of the Kotajarvi clan is doing well!! I miss you guys... and yes, I will get around to posting some pics as well.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete